Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ebay, The Book Lovers Heaven

Ebay is My New Heaven!

The other day I was just browsing Ebay, not for anything in particular, when I decided to look up what books where up for grabs.

You can imagine my surprise to find a lot of over 140 books for sale, with a then current price of $11. Of course, I automatically put a bid on this pot of gold.

For 24 hours I watched the auction like a hawk eyeing its prey.

Does anyone want to guess the final price I bought this lot for? Anyone? $51.oo!!!

I am now the proud owner of the 138 fiction and non-fiction books and 15 cook books.

You can also imagine my amazement to find that this mecca of reading was less than a hour away!

I have now spent the morning cataloging these books and am pleased to announce that this collection contains the works of such brilliant authors as; Maeve Binchy, Michael Connelly, James Patterson, John Marsden, Sidney Sheldon, Danielle Steel, Diana Gabaldon, Bryce Courtenay, Monica McInerney, Cathy Kelly and Paula Simmons.

My Recommendation; CHECK OUT EBAY IMMEDIATELY!

Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. SCORE! I am salivating, I'm like a book Zombie, "Need more books."

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! that's an awesome win! congrats and happy reading. (i think my husband would take away the computer forever if i tried to do that :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! so many books for only $51
    bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - what a steal!!! I'm blown away and I am going to head over to ebay right after i finish commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congrats on your steal! I try to avoid ebay, amazon, and book stores in general until I put a dent in my current tbr pile...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how they look all stacked like that....keep it that way, with the colors it's sooo cool.

    Like the Thomas costume too! How is Darty?

    Take care,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Amy! Long time no chat!
    Darty is very well, loving preschool and the parade was so much fun!
    How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great haul. I have banned myself from Ebay for the time being, but have been getting a lot of my wish list books from PaperBackSwap s my TBR pile is definitely not shrinking. :)

    Been missing you!!!

    Dollycas/Lori

    ReplyDelete