Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blue Bloods Quickie

The Blue Bloods Series;
Revelations and
The Van Alen Legacy
by Melissa de la Cruz


Genre; Young Adult/Contemporary/Science-Fiction
Publisher;
Atom/2010/Great Britain
Pages; 264 and 369
ISBN; 978-1-905654-78-9 and
978-1-905654-79-6

After having read and reviewed the first two books of this series I am not going to go into too much detail about the third and forth installments, for two reasons. Firstly, I do not want to give away too much to those who have not been lucky enough to read the first two books yet and secondly, I don't want to harp on about this series post-after-post if there are readers who have read them and didn't find them as enjoyable as I did.

However, for those who are interested, I am going to tell you a few thoughts about Revelations and The Van Alen Legacy.

If you enjoyed the first two books in this series, you are going to continue to love these next installments.

I do have one little issue with The Van Alen Legacy and that is the, truly missed, lamp posts of information. As you may remember, in my previous Blue Bloods reviews, I talked about the effective use of diary entries and newspaper clippings as tools which not only created mystery but added to the rich back story. In Revelations Melissa de la Cruz has continued with this writing tool and has intorduced the use of Repository Archives, but sadly these little snippets have been omitted from The Van Alen Legacy, and I did miss having these juicy bits to mull over.

Having said this, I am as addicted as ever to this series and I am waiting with baited breath for the next book.

What I am really enjoying about this series is the character development. In the first book we are introudced to your typical group of high school students; the prima donna, the socialite, The jock, the ditz, the social outcast. But as each book continues we see new and more interesting sides of each character.

I hope that you are enjoying this series as much as I am and I cannot wait to share the next one with you!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment